Re: Firefox under Squeeze

Bob Proulx wrote:
Klaus Jantzen wrote:
Or is 'Iceweasel  esr' that is recommended for  installation
equivalent to Firefox 18?

Oh, I just realized that you don't know about the ESR version and that
I should have explained it too.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Firefox#Extended_Support_Release

  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

You are probably wanting the "release" version (currently 18 today) to
keep up with the cool kids.  Then you have the largest version number
and it changes most often.

I succeeded in installing the release version of iceweasel following the instructions on
http://mozilla.debian.net.
The version is 10....; is that equivalent to firefox version 18....?

Although the "esr" version is just fine too.  It is more stable
doesn't have as large of a number as the release version and it
doesn't change as often.

:-)

Bob
After that I tried to install the esr-version of thunderbird (there does not seem to be
a release version). That did not work as apt-get could not find the package.

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
KDJ