Re: OT - Convert output of byte count to GB count?

doug writes:
> Actually, when dealing with distances, it's not powers of 10, it
> factors of 12, (inches/foot) 3, (feet.yard) and 5280 (ft/mile).  Leave
> us not get into furlongs, leave us not!

Or stones, or the fact that there are two very, very slightly different
miles...

Much of this comes from the ancient practice of using different sets of
units in different fields of endeavor (sometimes with the same names).
Which is what the opponents of the new prefixes are advocating.

I started using the old system in the 1960's.  I've not had any trouble
adapting to the new one.  Why are younger people finding it so hard?
It's an improvement!

Might not be a bad idea to put it in Debian policy, though, as a
"should".
--
John Hasler