Re: dbus - Was: A thread that shouldn't be mentioned anymore

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:34:36 -0700
Kelly Clowers wrote:

> >> DBus isn't a problem per se, it just can cause issues, when implemented
> >> without thinking about the needs of all users?
> >
> > Right but it's actually much worse than that. Take mozilla firefox even
> > which may or may not have been changed due to me bringing it up on the
> > dev-security list. Without dbus in a chroot it would die, the reason
> > was handling it's text configuration files, which is obviously
> > rediculously pointless and I assume with some confidence, actually quite
> > dumb.
>
> Are you sure about that? I have never seen anything dbus related in
> any version of Mozilla or Firefox, aside from one extension that never
> really when anywhere.

It does as you can see from the output when running it in a chroot
and for atleast one release it would die.

(firefox:1515): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS
daemon: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-jEHTNI62oh: Connection
refused

Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file