Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

On 09/26/2014 08:48 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
I'd appreciate an insight into the reductive reasoning you used to
arrive at your belief?

I was going to reply with links, pictures, and graphs. Then I figured what for? Tell ya what ...this time next year, we'll re-visit this topic and we'll see what we will see! My POV, for the record, is that all of the security break-ins poses a real threat to our country's security, and that SystemD will prove to be an important player towards making Linux much =safer= than it is with SystemV.

You and I both know that the only truly safe server is the one plugged in to nothing and stored in a forgotten bank vault. I posit that the decision to utilize SystemD will be found it was made to make Linux a LOT more secure than it ever has been. We'll see!

I'm going to install it to my Proxmox clusters running Wheezy soonest. There, I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and then I will have a new learning curve. BTW, I turn 65 in Nov. yet I have that much more to learn. Next year Scott! We have a date! :) Ric

Linux user# 44256