Re: apt update problems

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 06:24:18 +0200 Sven Hartge sent:

> >> Knowing what was in your sources.list would save having to guess
> >> what you have done incorrectly.
>
> > This is how it was, a single line in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> > deb http://http.debian.net/jessie main non-free contrib
>
> > I think I read that that was the way it should be written, but as
> > you say, obviously incorrect.
>
> The correct line is:
>
> deb http://http.debian.net/debian jessie main contrib non-free
>
> Your line is missing the "/debian " before "jessie". This is why
> apt-get tries to download nonsensical URLs.

Thanks Sven,

I can see it now - when it's pointed out to me. If it had teeth it would
have bitten me.

Thank you,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	There is no use in walking five miles to fish when you can
	depend on being just as unsuccessful near home. - Mark Twain