Re: Jessie netinstall CD on very limited internet connection.......

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 10:34:57PM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> > If you think you have found a problem, then as a user of testing you
> > should report it. You may have found an obscure bug which should be
> > fixed *before* Jessie becomes the new stable.
> >
> > As users of testing, we should take a more active role with regards to
> > bugs, after all one of the reasons to run testing is to help make the
> > stable release as bug free as possible.
>
> Chris, I'm not understanding your reasoning here.

How do you think bugs get fixed if they're not reported?
What else can you read into the above paragraphs?

> Are you thinking he should be considering the possibility he's been
> hit by a MITM or something? Do you want him to try to roll back the
> testing repository or a mirror so he can do a full binary compare?

*WHAT*? I was thinking nothing of the sort. I'm not the person
responsible for producing the netinst image, but if I was that would be
the last thing I'd be thinking --- more likely just a silly mistake BUT
how would I get to hear about it if whomever found the mistake didn't
let me know, *Hrrrmmm*?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X