Re: bc menu files? (Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...)

Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:
>> I suspect XFCE4, like most DEs available, only parses XDG .desktop
>> files, and doesn't parse Debian's menu system.
>
> Yeah. That seems to be the case.

I asked about a similar issue and somebody told me how to create a
second menu that has the debian menu.  Just add another application
menu to the panel, and then right click on it and select properties.  At
the bottom of the box select the custom menu file and set it to
/etc/xdg/menus/debian-menu.menu.  Close that and you should have a
debian menu.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org