Re: installation disclaimer

Hi Scott,

On 11/02/2014 01:43 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 02/11/14 05:04, Diogene Laerce wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> During the installation of some packages (iceweasel, open-ssl..), a
>> disclaimer sometimes appears which one has to pass by using the <q>
>> key of the keyboard.
>>
>> The use of "apt-get install -y <package>" does not seem to be useful
>> to pass automatically this.
> By design? i.e. those messages are considered important.
>

> Apropos of -y, I don't recommend "assume yes" unless I've (-s) simulated
> the apt-get /first/. "--trivial-only" is less dangerous if you haven't
> done a dry run first.

It is about essentials packages on a fresh install so it should do no
harm, and
I've run and rerun the whole process before.

>> Does anyone know how to pass by this and prevent installer to stop?
> It's recommended *not* to do this:-
>
> apt-get -yq=2 install shootfoot  #should work
>
> apt-get --force-yes -q=2 install shootfeet bothbarrels  #will work,
> untested, obviously

Actually none of them worked. I think they are just about yes or no
questions,
and those aren't.

> Disclaimer: suing me is a waste of time ;)

I already filed a report to the Hague. ;)

Thank you and, best regards.

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce