Re: Camera SD card mounting problems (defined by systemd)

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Charles Kroeger
<ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 17:30:02 +0100
> Peter Nieman <gmane-acct@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> no one has mentioned autofs in this thread
>
> No, but I will put it in my list of options for /etc/fstab entry.

autofs isn't an option for /etc/fstab, it's a completely separate way
to specify mounts.  For something like an sd card, you would add it to
something like /etc/auto.misc instead of /etc/fstab.  autofs
filesystems are not mounted at boot time, but dynamically, when an
application tries to access the contents of the mount point.

For example, I have this in /etc/autofs.misc:

sdcard          -fstype=vfat,gid=video,umask=002
:/dev/disk/by-id/usb-Generic-_SD_MMC_20060413092100000-0\:2-part1

and my sdcards are automatically mounted by attempting to read the
contents of /var/autofs/misc/sdcard/.

Eric