Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

* On 2014 04 Nov 16:15 -0600, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> And beyond that, the level of interest in a fork might, hopefully, provide
> some useful feedback into the Debian decision making process.  (And in turn,
> the response to such feedback, or lack thereof, might further inform
> interest in a fork.)

If anyone would seriously consider forking Debian, they have a herculean
task ahead of them.  Would it not be more productive to consider a
derivative that consists of existing Debian packages which are init
agnostic and for those where init matters make the necessary package
build or source adjustments?  But first, it would seem to be useful to
identify which server packages have a dependency or even a
recommendation for systemd.

At least for Jessie the project has chosen to support sysvinit so your
task of maintaining a sysvinit only derivative should be much easier and
you may well benefit from existing Debian resources.  Done correctly
this could be a very valuable addition to the Debian ecosystem.  I truly
do not see this as an all or nothing proposition at this time.

- Nate