Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Στις 05-11-2014 03:44, Jyri J. Virkki έγραψε:

<snip>
... As long as debian continues to enable everyone
(systemd lovers and opponents) equally, everyone wins.

that's not going to happen, IMHO.

I don't think you are familiar with that email from systemd project leader at LKML back at 2010 [1], do you ? :

Quote :

"The plan with systemd is to make it manage both the system and the
sessions. It's along the lines of what launchd does on MacOS: one
instance for the system, another one for the user, because starting and
supervising a system service and a session service are actually very
very similar things."

Now I'm wondering. Is the systemd a kind of Trojan horse to "fork" Debian from "within" ? ( I'm joking .... )

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/11/16/482

Regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis