Re: Debian-Live 7.6.0 usb username & password?

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Jimmy Johnson
<420.christian.single@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/2014 11:15 AM, me@raseone.com wrote:

Someone likes confusing usernames. :-P

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am attempting to run Debian-Live 7.6.0 from a usb drive (version found
>> here http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/bt-hybrid/)
>> and I am unable to log in to the default user or root account.
>
> There is not any

default

> root password.

In other words (if I recall correctly) you are automatically logged in
at boot as the default non-root user. From there,

> You can switch to root with sudo -i or set a
> password for root with sudo passwd.

And, if my memory is right, you can't log in to a virtual console as
root until you set a password.

(Somebody correct me if my memory's bad here.)

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well.