Re: Re: Mount order after systemd update

Martin Manns:
Seriously, I doubt that any  ordinary user finds this before
> migration, i.e. when you do not have installed systemd, have you got
> those man pages on your system?

That's a failing of Debian packaging in general, not specific to systemd. Few packages have separate -doc or -guide packages. Try reading the manual pages for mingetty off-line when you don't have the mingetty package installed, to pick an example at random that hit me yesterday.

Martin Manns:
Most important, being able to  boot from an (encrypted) hard drive
> seems crucial to me. What about adding information to the Wiki at
> https://wiki.debian.org/systemd ?

You'll have to address that question to the people whose wiki page it is. See also the Debian Wiki's notion of "advanced startup".

* https://wiki.debian.org/AdvancedStartupShutdownWithMultilayeredBlockDevices