Re: re-set time/date

 Hi.

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 07:02:05 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 01:30:35PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> >  Hi.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 12:24:42PM +0200, Racla Grillyz wrote:
> > >
> > >  Thanks, it worked like a charme.
> > >  Just want to point out that I checked on the
> > >  official debian manual/reference from the official website,
> > >  and I did not find such an information.
> >
> > Every time you upgrade tzdata - apt tells you to run 'dpkg-reconfigure
> > tzdata' if you don't like the time after the upgrade.
>
> I presume you mean timezone, for changing the time I used to use 'date
> -s' but with ntp installed that is no longer necesssary.

In a way, both. Apt talks about 'Current default time zone', but then
shows time in a Local Timezone and in UTC:

Current default time zone: '…'
Local time is now:      Fri Apr  3 …
Universal Time is now:  Fri Apr  3 …
Run 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' if you wish to change it.

'It' can refer to the timezone here, but it can also refer to a time
itself too.

Reco