Re: firefox-37, where to put

On Saturday 04 April 2015 02:43:47 Petter Adsen wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:29:04 -0400
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Does this server take 2.5 megabyte pictures?  I'll take them with my
> > Nikon L100 camera as I go.  Thats the size of its usual jpeg output,
> > per picture.
>
> Gene,
>
> Please don't post a number of 2.5M pictures here if you can avoid it,
> even if the server allows it. Some people are on metered connections
> and such evils. It would be much better if you could use a
> pastebin-like service to upload them to, and then post the links. I
> believe imgur.com will let you do this, or you can use Dropbox if you
> have an account there.
>
> Petter

True, but then I also have my own web page (physically on this machine,
last line of the signature) and can post them there far easier than some
commercial service.  The disadvantage is the uplink speed.  Small, 2.5
megabaud pipe.  Even the front page pix of me & the better half is
smunched to give the impression of speed.  I'll use jigl to make a slide
show thats well compressed.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)