Re: Can't connect to the internet after "aptitude safe-upgrade"

On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 19:17 +0800, tan_ny@hushmail.com wrote:
[...]
> Running
>
> ip route add default dev ppp0
>
> solved the problem. Thank you very much!
>
> Just out of curiosity, why would a upgrade make the default route disappear?

Presumably whatever script or config set's up networking has changed,
and isn't setting the default route for some reason.

Looking at the detail for pppoeconf [1] I can see that's the same
version in SID as inn the current stable release, so it's not that. But
network-manager [2] had an update two days before you posted to the list
about your problems. So if you are using that, perhaps that's is the
origin of the problem.

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pppoeconf.html
[2] https://packages.qa.debian.org/n/network-manager.html

--