Re: OT: *FREE* VPN! Why?

On 8/6/15, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

> It's about accessing material that is geographically restricted for
> copyright reasons.  For example, the BBC might purchase the right to
> distribute a work only in the UK and have agreed to block attempts to
> download it to IPs that geolocate outside the UK.

My apologies that this is another "hit-n-run" comment but... With you
all chatting vpn up regularly lately, I got curious and nosed around a
few seconds on the Net. I may have misunderstood wherever I read it,
but another thing I'm grasping vpn's about is for people to access the
FREE SPEECH web from within countries that do things like.... jail and
shoot their journalists for writing the TRUTH about Life.....

Cindy

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* try searching 'what is vpn "free speech" blocked countries'. hm. *