Re: Fvwm2. Was: Debian Gnome Or XFCE ?

Hi,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
>   http://www.einval.com/~steve/debian/fvwm2rc.example

I won't follow you with the sound effects. :))

My favorite personal customization is giving the Windows keys
a decent job:
  Key Super_L A N RaiseLower
  Key Super_R A N RaiseLower

On a previous machine there was no name defined for the
Windows keys. So i used to map it to "F34" by X means:
  # in ~/.xinitrc : xmodmap -e "keycode 115 = F34" -e "keycode 116 = F34"
  Key     F34     A       N       RaiseLower

On Jessie i first noticed that there is no ~/.xinitrc
and then that xev tells nicely usable names for the keys.
Modern times.

A new necessary safety precaution in my eyes is to keep xterm
from being iconized as active terminal with micro font.
It's a funny new gimmick but always in danger to execute
inadvertedly written and unreadably small commands.
So i give it the image of a 15" screen in console mode:

  Style "XTerm"           Icon display.xpm

A DEC VT220 with amber text on dark gray background would be
even more stylish.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas