Re: make system boot straight to browser connection

Joel Rees wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

[snip]

How to do an autologin? In a DE independent way?

http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=autologin&apropos=1
gave no relevant links.

A Google search gave only decade old or DE related links.

I currently use Mate, but exploring other desktops(avoiding Gnome
3!!!;}.
I'd like something similar to autoexec.bat from DOS/CPM days.

I received two suggestions, neither suitable:
r>> 1. nodm was recommended by the ??? who has publicly stated that he ignores
      how I phrase my questions.

NO, NO, NO!

Brian is just trying to tell you you are asking the wrong questions!

ROFL! ;/
In https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2015/09/msg00423.html