Re: make system boot straight to browser connection

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 08:20:05AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 19 October 2015 04:55:46 Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 05:21:53PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, that's clarified, I think, what you mean by DE. You want (I'm
> > > guessing) a machine to come up with its full Desktop Environment as if
> > > the user "myexperiments" had sat at the console and typed in their
> > > username and password.
> > >
> > > I have no idea why you wrote "Power on yields operating system."
> > > (Unless you meant No BIOS Password and No Grub Password, so that
> > > linux itself boots when you power up.)
> >
> > And that's the trivial part, the non trivial part is locking down the
> > browser and DE so that the rest of the system is inaccessible by the end
> > user.
> >
> > I would search google about setting up a kiosk system.
>
> I know that various people have suggested that Richard may mean a kiosk
> system, but how does the above quotation from him mean that?

That's a best guest. Richard has already said that he want's to boot to
a browser without human interference, and so I assume[1] that he wants
someone to be able to browse the web without "messing" with the rest of
his computer.

That's a best guess from the information he's given us.

[1] I know, if you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME (yeah, I remember
Benny Hill.)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X