Re: Cups, Gutenprint, and Plain Text

John Hasler wrote:

I think I have read something about the MP series. I have the 5L at home in
use for the past 10+y.
There was a problem at some point of time with the cups 1.5 version but was
resolved later

So now I use following setup - I am not quite sure if it will apply to
yours.

Location:       Local Printer
Driver: HP LaserJet 5L Foomatic/ljet4 (recommended) (grayscale, 2-sided
printing)
Connection:     usb://HP/LaserJet%205L
Defaults:       job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided

In fact I am not sure at all that it needs a kind of driver to print plain
ascii text. It should be supported by the printer in console mode.

I'm pretty happy with the foomatic driver.

I hope this helps

regards