Re: Gnome Terminal only opens on Xorg screen 0

On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 20:55 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> This is puzzling me.  My Xorg is set up for dual-head operation with
> each head having its own screen and four Xfce workspaces per screen.
> It's something I've had working well for several years.
>
> For various reasons I would like to use Gnome Terminal for an
> terminal
> application as it can be easily configured to disable its shortcut
> keys
> unlike Xfce Terminal.  The problem is that I want to have GT open on
> the
> second screen--:0.1--but it opens on the first screen--:0.0--every
> time.
> This, despite having a lower toolbar launcher on screen :0.1 and even
> starting it manually from an Xfce Terminal or Xterm on screen :0.1.
> Using Xfce's Application Finder (Alt-F2) gives the same result,
> although
> it insists on opening on screen :0.1 even though it is called on
> screen
> :0.0.
>
> Other than some things like a password box I've never had an
> application
> start on a screen other than the one it was launched from.  Of
> course,
> one cannot move a window from one screen to another, so I am rather
> stuck.  It's quite odd.
>
> Has anyone encountered and resolved such an issue?

How do you launch it?

AFAICT gnome-terminal runs a single process, /usr/lib/gnome-
terminal/gnome-terminal-server each call to gnome-terminal just creates
a new window. So if you have g-t-s running on the first screen it will
most likely use that.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson