Re: new pc and swap

On 01/11/16 19:04, Johann Spies wrote:
LVM has bitten me more than once in the past and I will not use it again.
In both situations it spanned more than one disk and one of the disks
failed - leaving you with unrecoverable data.

I use LVM inside LUKS on a single device. This configuration is great for requiring only one encrypted partition, with LVM providing the benefit of multiple logical volumes and the management benefits of separate volumes for root and home (for example).

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director