Re: list installed packages present only in stable

>Thanks. That's for your Debian Jessie boxes. Is that the same for your
>Raspbian box?

cat sources.list
deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib
non-free rpi

and

cat sources.list.d/raspi.list deb
http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ jessie main ui

Hm. So my hunch was wrong ;-)

That's really interesting: where does apt-cache get the archive from?

I'm asking myself the same question. Let's take xterm as an example.

$ apt-cache policy xterm
xterm:
 Installé : 312-2
 Candidat : 312-2
Table de version :
*** 312-2 0
       500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
       500 http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

In the /var/lib/dpkg/status file, one reads:

Package: xterm
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 1709
Maintainer: Debian X Strike Force <debian-x@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Multi-Arch: foreign
Version: 312-2
Provides: x-terminal-emulator
Depends: xbitmaps, libc6 (>= 2.15), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11), libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0), libtinfo5, libutempter0 (>= 1.1.5), libx11-6, libxaw7, libxft2 (>> 2.1.1), libxmu6, libxpm4, libxt6
Recommends: x11-utils
Suggests: xfonts-cyrillic

etc…

which shows no info on the archive's name. BTW, it seems that aptitude uses
that file when executed with the 'show' action.

The packages themselves don't "know" to what archive (or suite) they
belong -- they may well belong to several different archives and/or
suites.

aptitude knows from which archive the installed package come from (the ~A
regex). But I still don't understand why it works on my Debian boxes and not on
yours or the OP's (and on my raspbian).