Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

On Mon 07 Nov 2016 at 18:42:37 +0100, Felipe Salvador wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 04:09:24PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> >
> > I get the same as you on Debian 8.6. On unstable the command 'lsblk -f'
> > shows all the fields populated. I wonder what Felipe Salvador is using?
>
> ~$ apt-show-versions util-linux
> util-linux:amd64/testing 2.28.2-1 uptodate
>
> ~$ cat /etc/debian_version
> stretch/sid

This is my situation too. 'lsblk -f' works. If not working on Jessie is
thought to be a bug it is hardly worth reporting to the BTS except as a
wishlist bug. It is unlikely to be fixed for Jessie.

Richard Owlett and others are fortunately left with two methods to
identify a file system on a mounted or unmounted partition as a user.
Certain operations on a Linux system may require root privileges;
getting this information is not one of them. In fact, the information
is also available in /run/udev and /run/blkid; so there is another two
sources.

--
Brian.