Re: LVM RAID vs LVM over MD

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Kamil Jońca <kjonca@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> So far I used lvm with raid1 device as PV.
>
> Recently I have to extend my VG
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/11/msg00909.html)
>
> and I read some about lvm.
> If I understand correctly, LVM have builtin RAID1 functionality.
> And I wonder about migrating
> lvm over md --> (lvm with raid1) over physical hard drive partitions.

Please ask yourself a simple question: do you know how to recover LVM RAID?
I don't. mdraid is proven technology which just works.

The truth is that all these overcomplicated stuff (lvm, pulseaudio,
systemd, etc.) is designed to increase sales of premium support from
RedHat. SCNR.

--
WBR,
  Roman Tsisyk <roman@tsisyk.com>