Re: Plasma: keyboard crash

On Tuesday, 12/13/16 06:48:54 PM Hans wrote:
> Oh, sorry, yes of course.
>
> This is a notebook, running debian testing, proprietrary nvidia driver and
> effects active in plasma.
>
> This behaviour appears from time to time, and it is a little bit annoying
> when editing fields on a web page or writing a larger document in
> libreoffice.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Best
>
> Hans
>
> > More info. please.  Is this a desktop PC, a laptop, or what?  If a
> > desktop,
> > is the keyboard USB or PS/2?  How about your mouse and its
> > operation...usb...ps/2...integrated with keyboard...touchpad...etc.  Does
> > the mouse stop working as well?
> >
> > Mark

Hmmm....is it hardware or software?
Let's check hardware...(I'm betting on something funky on the hardware end)
Do you have (or can you borrow) an extra USB keyboard and mouse that you can
plug into the notebook and use for a while.  Does this make the problem go
away?  If the problem goes away, it sounds like a hardware problem to me.

Mark