Re: Free TCP/IP port numbers?

On Sunday 01 October 2017 08:13:00 Reco wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 07:43:47AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 01 October 2017 03:34:19 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 01:28:39AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > "Debian" "should". Gene, you "should" know better ;-)
> > >
> > > Want to start with it? Write a script which scans the /etc files
> > > in all Debian packages for network configurations.
> >
> > That might be possible IF you wanted to use a tool like grep, but in
> > 30 years I've not found a way to silence the "binary file matches"
> > messages from grep.
>
> You haven't looked hard enough. It's "grep -I".
> Those manpages, sometimes reading them works wonders.
>
> Reco

-I     Process a binary file as if it did not contain matching data; this
is equivalent to the --binary-files=without-match option.

Sure, thats supposed to tell me it will shut that #)^(&^$ noise off? I've
been reading english for about 79 years now. That my friend is Swahili,
and I don't make a milligram of sense out of THAT.  Sure, it looks like
english, even reads in common popular english words, but What the hell
does it mean?  It doesn't say a thing about turning off the unwanted
noise.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)