Re: text-mode : console : resolution : vga 80x25 : how to set?

On 2017-10-06 05:30 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 03:00:50PM +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
i tried my level best to do it, but have failed.
i used 'dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' and followed the
appropriate steps, but yet my console's screen resolution
is way to high. not that it's a big problem, just an
irritant, the text is usually too tiring to read.

can i be helped?

Yes. Presumably your system is using "kernel mode setting", wherein
the kernel is able to set the resolution of the screen. This results,
as you note, in a high-resolution console.

would there be any simple way (instead of recompiling the kernel) to
disable that kernel mode setting for the resolution?

thanks,

~mayuresh