Re: DEBOOTSTRAP or GRML-DEBOOTSTRAP more suitable?

Richard Owlett wrote:

> I suspect the first is closer to my mental image. Did you use
> debootstrap with --variant=minbase, grml-debootstrap with --nopackages,
> OR something else?

For the first to work, I just copy the boot directory to the card/usb stick
and make it bootable (grub install). The thing here is that kernel must be
same version as on the system - thus after kernel or initrd update
procedure should be repeated.

I don't use apt in general and regarding debootstrap with --variant=minbase
is OK

regards