Re: [OT] scanned files are large in size

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> I get this, and offering that option seems to make sense. But forcing
> it (and forcing an image format like JPEG) doesn't make sense. So either
> provide the knobs or let the host software do it.
>
> My scanner just transfers the raw image. The scan program is responsible
> for the transformation to the target format, which I can choose. This is
> how /I/ want to be treated, as a paying customer.

+1

I did some research before buying a scanner and I bought Epson Perfection
33-330. The iscan application let you choose the image format. I am not
quite sure what it uses if I say multiple pages in one PDF. I will try
this, but I assume it acts based on the configuration before scanning (i.e.
grayscale or black/white etc.)

regards