Re: systemd error

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 04:06 Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mar 13, 2019, 07:54, Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2019, 04:49 Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I know a good solution that will work 100%: switch from Debian
>> to Devuan to avoid this SystemD. sadly Debian does not provide the
>> init system freedom, but if you'd switch to its' brother distribution
>> (Devuan) it still provides all the benefits of Debian + the freedom
>> from SystemD.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, Ivan.
>
> Actually, I had high hopes for Devuan. But I am afraid that it's just too little, too late.
>
> The cancer of systemd has metastasized too far and the GNU/Linux patient is terminally ill.
>
> How sad that once again, the bad guys won because good men did nothing.

Don't give up friend, we have not lost! In addition to Devuan, there
are truly awesome no-SystemD distributions:

Artix (arch-based, with OpenRC), Nutyx (independent, SysVinit), Void
Linux (independent, with runit) - they have very fresh kernels and
packages while also being relatively stable! Really good if you want
the fresh drivers and mesa for gaming.
MX Linux - if you want a popular Debian-based no-SystemD distro that
actually surpassed Debian in popularity! (according to Distrowatch)

Just telling you that there are still enough oasises in this GNU/Linux
desert ;-)

I actually hope that someone will combine the features of my favorite
distros: something no-SystemD mentioned above as the base + QubesOS
hardcore virtualization for great security + ideology of Free Software
Foundation endorsed distros (remove all the closed source binaries
from a distribution, e.g. because they could contain the backdoors).
This is a distro of my dreams

Good luck.

May you keep the innocence and optimism of youth !

: )