Re: Useful links - was {Re: Wireless home LAN - WiFi vs Bluetooth?}

On Sb, 03 aug 19, 10:26:34, Richard Owlett wrote:

> For current situation WEP (though antique/limited) is adequate.

WEP is known to be crackable, since years ago. I'm guessing with current
hardware it should be quite easy.

> > Why not just buy an inexpensive wireless router?
>
> That question is *NOT* on-topic!

If one of your wireless adapters supports "master" mode and you can
afford to have that system on all the time (or at least when you need
the network) you can use hostapd to set it up as the wireless AP for all
others.

Preferably this should be the system with the internet connection, so
you can also use it as a gateway.

Kind regards,
Andrei