Re: where is my disk space

On Du, 04 aug 19, 08:32:00, Long Wind wrote:
> i have stretch at sda2, which has 9.8Gfree space is far more than 1 Gbut some program i'm unware of take all space
> how to find out and solve? Thanks!

To find out what files are taking up the space

Command line:

    du -hx --maxdepth=1 <directory> | sort -h

Start with the mountpoint of the drive and work your way through the
directories.

Run as root if you get permission errors (e.g. you start at /)

Text user interface:

Press Ctrl+Space in mc to find out the size of directories, though the
display is not so friendly for large sizes (KiB or B only).

ncdu uses adaptive units and a sort of graphical aid, but you'll have to

Graphical user interface:

My preferred tool for something like this would be one of the Total
Commander clones, e.g. Tux Commander (package tuxcmd), but there is also
Double Commander (doublecmd-gtk or doublecmd-qt, depending on your
environment), as well as Krusader (package krusader, all the bells and
whistles, but also heavier).

Solutions depend a lot on what is using up your space.

Hope this helps,
Andrei