Re: odd passwd problem.

On Sun 04 Aug 2019 at 19:02:01 (+1200), Richard Hector wrote:
> >> I'm guessing 'adduser' needs at least a name for the new user ;)
> >>
> > Ac the manpage, correct. And I didn't give it a name, so it picked the
> > only error answer it had. Really helpfull, NOT!
>
> Slightly odd wording, but the correct message - it needs one or two
> names, and you gave it zero :-)

May I agree with you, and say that the earlier comment disappoints me.

A lot of linux man pages are written by people who have English as a
second language (or even a third, fourth …), so we native English
speakers ought to think ourselves lucky and privileged to have all the
documentation primarily available in our own language. And if you're
going to criticise, criticise constructively.

Cheers,
David.