Re: mount weirdness

On 2019-08-05, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:

> So anyway, I typed in "sudo mount /dev/sdb2 /wa1" and it
> seemed to finish successfully, but "ls /wa1" indicated that
> in fact it had not. Nothing mounted on wa1! Many other tests
> told me the same thing. "umount /wa1" said "not mounted"!

Would this be the result if /dev/sdb2 were already mounted (i.e. nothing?).

Many other tests. What about 'mount' from an xterm to see what's mounted
and what ain't and where?

Did you show your /etc/fstab file (cut and paste)? If so, I must've missed
it.

BTW, what's with the exclamation points? Makes you seem enthusiastic.

;-)

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan