Re: dislocker package broken, fix in 'sid'. How long 'til in backports?

On 2/2/20 4:27 pm, Michael Bonert wrote:
I am running Debian stable (buster).

The dislocker backport doesn't work for files from Windows 10 1903 (as noted here: https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1710592.html )

I noted that the latest version of dislocker in 'sid' (unstable) is 0.7.1-5 ( https://packages.debian.org/sid/utils/dislocker )

The release notes for 0.7.1-5 ( https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/d/dislocker/dislocker_0.7.1-5_changelog ) say:  "Added new patches to support Support Windows 10 1903 and fix build issues.Thanks to haobinnan <haobinnan@gmail.com>" - sounds like exactly what I'd like to have.

How long will it take for 0.7.1-5 to appear as a backport?

Thanks,
Michael

PS -
I will trying making my own backport ( https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian / https://wiki.debian.org/SimpleBackportCreation ) but prefer to avoid that... if isn't too long a wait.

Another suggestion I read somewhere is, include the src repo for sid in your sources-list. After an update, seems you will have the code to build it yourself, and ensure that you don't need anything untoward. Never tried it my self, but sounds interesting.

To answer you question directly, not long. I used a vbox to test upgrading from bullseye to sid, a couple of weeks ago, to see how much difference there is. About 20 packages.

--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com
0447 667 468