Re: change the mount point of my flash drive

On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 10:31:38 -04 kaye n wrote:

> Hello Friends!

> It seems that in Debian, my USB flash drive is automatically mounted at:

> /media/user/myflashdrive

> Is it possible to permanently change it to /media/myflashdrive ?

> The reason is because I have many LibreOffice Calc files in my flash drive

> that are linked to each other.

> The 'user' in my laptop is kaye. The 'user' in my desktop is something

> else, let's say it's peter.

> If I link the Calc files using my laptop, the links would use the path

> /media/kaye/myflashdrive.

> If I then plug the flash drive on the desktop computer to continue work on

> the same Calc files, I could not do so because the links have the path

> /media/kaye/myflashdrive, whereas in the desktop computer the path or the

> mount point is /media/peter/myflashdrive.

> LibreOffice Calc in the desktop computer can't find

> /media/kaye/myflashdrive because the 'user' in the desktop computer is

> peter.

> I hope that's clear.

> Thank you for your time!

in /etc/fstab
# DriveName
UUID=long_number<----->/media/yourmountpoint<--->ext4<-->user,rw,noauto,x-systemd.device-timeout=5s<---->0<----->2
should do the trick

at least that's what I'm using ...

--

Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE

Paradox: Getting live-updates about fatalities