Re: Hmmm... /boot is too small. what's the best way to increase it's size?

On Sat, May 9, 2020, at 9:10 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sat, 09 May 2020 20:05:48 -0700
> "Rick Thomas" <rick.thomas@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > Filesystem                  Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> > /dev/mapper/debian--vg-root ext4       30G  9.9G   19G  36% /
> > /dev/sda2                   ext2      248M   78M  158M  34% /boot
>
> Odd. That should be good for more than three kernels. I have:
>
> root@jhegaala:~# df /boot/
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda5       226M   92M  119M  44% /boot
> root@jhegaala:~#
>
> with three kernels.
>
> My /boot is ext4, but I doubt that makes enough difference to matter.
> My installation is not EFI. Would that make the difference?

The figures above are *after* I deleted the two previous kernel versions.  So yes, there's plenty of space there when this is taken.  It looks like each kernel/initrd combo takes 75-80 MB so three of them could take as much as 240 MB, just a bit beyond the space available.

Stay well and stay safe!
Rick