Smallest Usable EFI Partition?

Hi! All,

I can't find anything definitive on this question.  Some say, 100MB is
fine; others 215 or 550 is a safe choice.  It all seems to be just
opinions.

Anyone know for sure? I hate having to waste hundreds of megs for a
partition that only needs to hold a few megs, if that much.

This applies to one of those small, $300+/- notebooks (haven't decided
which one, yet) that usually use 32 or 64GB eMMCs.  I'm trying to
maximize the available free space. Best option seems to be a MBR
install, one OS only (Buster, X, window manager only, etc.), / and
swap.  But if that's not possible . . . .  Hence, my query.

Thanks.