Re: On Subject drift [was: How long will this take?]

On 6/27/20 10:51 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

I'll take your question face value. While there are big similarities
between both, I still see at least two (small!) differences.

1) The subject "how long will this take" at least gives a hint
   at something performance-related. The subject "have you seen
   this inside..." doesn't give any hint.

2) In the current example, the subjet was (somewhat, see (1) for
   the limitations) appropriate in the initial mail and slowly
   lost relevance as the thread drifted away (it still has a bit
   of relevance, since the speed of /dev/urandom is somewhere around
   there).

As to why they merit different treatment -- I don't know. I don't
think so. Human behaviour is messy, more so in big groups. If you
still feel you've been treated unjustly, my apologies are still
up for the part I took in that.

You can always mail me personally if you think there's something
I can/should learn from all that.

Cheers
-- t

With such a well considered response, I will be foolish, if not stupid,
to press this point further.

And I want to thank you, very much, Tomas, for it. And you're right, I
do feel treated unjustly.

But we can drop all that now. I'm responding primarily to share with you
how much of a man I think you're, based on your response. Thank you.

And you're right too, where ever humans meet, you can expect some mess.
This is not a perfect system here. And I do not wish it so.

My hope is that your handling of it, my bringing it up, would contribute
towards making this 'community' a welcoming place for all.

To learn is a personal effort. I've learnt from this and you have too. I
hope others have as well. The community will be better of it.

Cheers