Re: Remove undesired entries in MATE "Applications" sub-menus

On Sb, 04 iul 20, 22:42:59, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 07/04/2020 07:38 AM, nito@dismail.de wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 06:53:56 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> > > I'm using Debian10 with the MATE desktop.
> > > The Debian installer defaults to installing a mess of applications I rarely
> > > want. They end up with entries on MATE's Applications sub-menus.
> > >
> > > Without deleting the offending applications from the system, how can I
> > > delete those menu entries and replace them with links to suitable
> > > applications.
> >
> > MATE has graphical editor for this. If not already installed, the package
> > is named "mozo" as is the tool itself.
>
> How would one discover that?

The package 'mozo' is recommended by 'mate-desktop-environment-extras',
which is (only) suggested by 'mate-desktop-environment'.

> I've silently been grumbling about the problem
> since Debian first had MATE as a default option.

Do you mean as an alternative installation image? Debian's default
desktop is still Gnome as far as I know.

Kind regards,
Andrei