Re: Using .XCompose

On Mon 13 Jul 2020 at 18:45:45 (+0000), Ajith R wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> > In it, there is a brief mention of some option you can toggle called
> > "Show Non-Printable Spaces", whose description is "Show/hide bounding
> > box around non-printable spaces."
>
> Yes, though not very obvious, Kate does show the non breaking sapces with an open box after selecting the option.

And I assume they're not in the files that you wrote from scratch,
like .XCompose. Would that be right?

Kate appears to be a normal text editor. The third sentence of its
official description (https://kate-editor.org/) says "Choose it for
[…], editing configuration files". It doesn't seem to me to be
like writing text files in, say, Word (a word processor).

It would be nice not to get sidetracked by this, and to find out
whether the way that the Indic Script input system (InScript) works is
compatible with the composition of characters, which is the purpose of
.XCompose. (I'm assuming that linux tries to give the >1billion people
concerned an InScript system that's compatible with other platforms).

Cheers,
David.