Re: Enlarging /boot

Hello,

If I understand correctly, it seems the minimum size (32MB, 100MB or 260MB) of the ESP depends on the sector logical and physical size of the disk:
 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/configure-uefigpt-based-hard-drive-partitions#diskpartitionrules
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Format#Categories

fdisk ou parted will inform you of these sizes

In my case:

didier@hp-notebook14:~$ sudo parted -l
[...]
Model: CT500P1SSD8 (nvme)
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 500GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name                          Flags
 1      17,4kB  16,8MB  16,8MB               Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 2      16,8MB  571MB   555MB   ntfs         Basic data partition          hidden, diag
 3      571MB   676MB   105MB   fat32        EFI system partition          boot, esp
 4      676MB   52,4GB  51,8GB  ntfs         Basic data partition          msftdata
 5      52,4GB  53,1GB  700MB   ext4
 6      53,1GB  500GB   447GB                                              lvm

So my ESP has the minimum size for the sectors logical/physical size
I am dual booting Debian 10 and Windows10

didier@hp-notebook14:~$ df /boot/efi
Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1K Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
/dev/nvme0n1p3         98304   35864      62440  37% /boot/efi

IMO, you can safely reduce the size of your ESP