Re: Bash question hard to formulate

I think that is the main thing.

I am not typing return. I am typing in a sentence...As I receive new
output to the terminal window, and I continue typing, my text stream
just goes down a line. Which is fine, UNLESS I otherwise want to correct
something, and backspacing doesn't word wrap back to the previously
typed line.

Had trouble sleeping =) trying to figure it out.

I don't know if it's Bash related, inputrc, terminal, debian, or whatever.

I was reading that perhaps setting the "auto left margin" to ON, would
allow the cursor to wordwrap (in reverse) to the previous line.

I have thought about using a different terminal window, but so far they
all seem to exhibit the same behavior. I thought gnome-terminal was
bloated, and had extra features compared to other sleeker versions - but
alas, it also exhibits this behavior.

Though, I admit, i am almost at my wits end.

I assume everyone has this behavior from Debian? I only have default
settings, on two boxes (Debian 9, and Debian 10), and the behavior is
the same on both. EPP! I just realized, I have 4 Debians =D The behavior
is the same on all of them.

the main thing I want is, if I backspace into a sentence (as I am
receiving output to the terminal window and that i have not CR'ed), that
the incomplete sentence will re-show up on the active line, when I reach
the beginning of the that line.

I think this is one of those classic examples of "it's easy if you know
how" =) But, if you don't, it's as hard as humanly possible.