Re: Homebuilt NAS Advice

On Tue, Aug 04, 2020 at 01:32:24AM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
jdupes looks interesting, and should work on any file system that supports hard links. I expect BorgBackup either calls jdupes or implements similar functionality:

https://linuxcommandlibrary.com/man/jdupes.html

I'm fairly sure Borg stores files by a hash of their contents and
maintains a separate index of names→hashes for each generation.

Thanks for mentioning jdupes, I have a problem it might help me solve
for which fdupes is not up to the task.

--
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 jmtd@debian.org
🔗	https://jmtd.net