Re: turn off receiving email

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 09:44:45AM +0100, Kamil Jońca wrote:
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:13:39AM -0600, Michael Morgan wrote:
> >> Dear friend,
> >>

> >> A simple and silly question: how to subscribe to this mail list and set up
> >> not to receive email? I only found a digest option when subscribing.
> >
> > Hmmm. What advantage do you expect from being subscribed without receiving
> > mails?
>
> 1. reading by WWW

You can do this, anyway...

> 2. reading by mail->usenet gateway (as I do)

...and this, too.

My point was: you can post to the list although you're not
subscribed. So you don't need to subscribe at all if you don't
want to receive the mails.

But see Andrei's mail on "whitelist": it seems that being
subscribed reduces your probability of being categorized as
spam.

Cheers
 - t