Re: Certbot in Buster

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 09:11:10AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Mi, 18 nov 20, 13:01:46, Michael Stone wrote:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 06:42:27PM +0100, Philipp Ewald wrote:
> can i install the package from unstable and after that i remove the entry in sourses.list?
> or is this risky?

I wouldn't do that, just download the appropiate debs from

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/python-certbot/certbot_1.8.0-1_all.deb
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/python-certbot/python3-certbot_1.8.0-1_all.deb
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/python-acme/python3-acme_1.8.0-1_all.deb

Agreed.

run
 sudo dpkg -i *.deb
then
 sudo apt --fix-broken install
to clean up any dangling dependencies

It might work also to just run (with sudo as needed):

   apt install ./*.deb

yes! I thought there was a way to specify a deb but the man page was no help and I never use apt for that myself. :) So do it that way and the dependencies will be handled in one step.