Re: Recommendation for a netbook

Nicolas George (12021-01-25):
> I'll have to retire my current netbook soon. It was a Lenovo Miix
> 3-1030 from 2015; it has a good screen but otherwise is complete crap,
> with non-standard unsupported hardware and other drawbacks.
>
> I need a ~10 inches touchscreen, and I want a good-ish resolution
> (≥1600). And I need it to be not expensive, because that's for taking in
> transports daily and sometimes leaving unsupervised in classrooms. Apart
> from that, having the wifi and sound controllers supported by standard
> Debian kernels would be a significant progress, and speed or memory are
> no issue. I don't care if the keyboard can be removed to leave a tablet.

I have chosen an Acer TravelMate Spin B3, it is la little more expensive
than my comfort zone for this use, but not that much, and it seems
satisfactory. Network, video, touchscreen and audio work out of the box.
I have not tested suspend or hibernation, as I do not use them.

There is sometimes a strange glitch on the display, it seems to happen
when the system was hot-rebooted. There is also a strange battery drain,
for which I will start a new thread.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George