Re: Using a remote computer and VGA

Richmond wrote:

> Is it possible to use a local computer (L) to: ssh -Y to a remote
> computer (R), run a web browser on R which will then display on
> L, choose what to watch on Netflix, and then having started it, move the
> displayed browser window back to the X window on R, and then move
> it across to the television attached to the VGA port on R?

I doubt. Usually you have 10 to 1 down/upload speed for the customer network
so even this would be possible I doubt that you can render and transfer the
data over TCP/IP with sufficient quality.

What is the issue with VPN or proxy? Have you tought of such? There is still
the limitation in the traffic, but you haven't the issue with the rendering
at least.